I guess I am a joiner. I joined Sock Madness, I joined Sock Knitters Pentathlon, and now I have gone and joined Secret Pal Twelve. I guess I am an optimist, considering the angst and all that was caused during the last round of Secret Pal. I realize that things happen in everyone’s life and I should just go ahead with the fun that I have doing the swaps and not let a little miscommunication get in the way of enjoying this again. Things worked out satisfactorily and I am willing to go at it again.
In that vein, here is the posting of my questionnaire for the swap:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love natural fibers, although I will knit with soft acrylic if its for baby knitting or some such. Cotton has it’s place, and I use it for dishrags and the like.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my dpns and short needles in a needle case, my circs in their original packages, and my options in the binder book.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting off and on since 7th grade, about 30 years. I consider myself to have an intermediate skill level, but I’m not afraid to try most things.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do have an amazon wishlist and a loopy ewe wish list. Both can be given if requested.
5. What’s your favorite scent? I am partial to clean scents. Love citrusy and vanilla with herbal.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like dark chocolate, and gummi bears.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have been known to sew, although it’s really tough on the truck. I love to spin, and do it with a drop spindle on the truck, although I will have another wheel when we get our house built.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like most music that is not beat your head against the wall stuff. I’m partial to country, western (yes there is a difference), celtic, old soft rock.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? I would say that I like the earthy colors more than any. I don’t do orange, and most yellows are off limits. I also don’t do the shocking colors. I don’t want to be seen from outer space.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am happily married with one son that still lives at home. We have, and I’m borrowing this description, a Jack Russell Terrorist that lives on the truck with us.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, hats and mittens as the weather dictates…I have never found a poncho that I like or that looks good on me. I just don’t like them.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I most often identify myself as a sock knitter, but I do like to knit other things in rotation.
13. What are you knitting right now? Right now I have a couple of baby sweaters, a tank, a couple of pairs of socks, a pair of fingerless mitts, and a scarf on the needles. I don’t do knitting monogamy.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure…what’s not to like in handmade gifts.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I tend to use circulars for just about everything, although I have dpn’s that I use some. I use mostly stainless circs, although I do own some aluminum.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? A scarf for my DS that is about a year old
18. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday
19. Is there anything that you collect? My husband would say that I collect yarn, because I have stash, but it’s mostly sock yarn and that doesn’t count. I do collect yellow ware bowl, ironstone crockery, red wing crocks, and cast iron.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love to have “More Big Girl Knits” and a couple of other books, but they are on my wish list.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? Color work
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am a sock knitter and I wear a size 8 wide…I need a little more room in the ankles and the arch.
23. When is your birthday? July 8th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID? I am on Ravelry as lyndahitt…how original, huh?